Health Insurance

To apply for a Student Residence Permit, the Republic of Turkey requires that international students prove that they have health insurance for the duration of their stay in Turkey.

Please note: This is a government requirement. Hitit University, as a public university, has no requirement for health insurance from international students. The International Office can help you with the preparation of this and other documents for the application.

Insurance types for degree students

1. Public Insurance For Students Whose Countries Have Public Insurance Agreements With Turkey.

Some European Countries Have Reciprocal Health Insurance Agreements With The Republic Of Turkey. If So, You Can Register With The General Health Services Office (SGK) And Receive Full Health Insurance Coverage For The Duration Of Your Studies In Turkey. To See If Your Country Has An Agreement With The Republic Of Turkey, Check Below.

Public Health Insurance Agreements By Country


Agreement Code 


A/T 11, A/T 12, A/T 23


A/TR 3, A/TR3-A, TR/A6

The Netherlands 

N/TUR 106, N/TUR 111, N/TUR 112 


BT.8, BT.10


SE 208-01; 02; 04; 17; 19; 28; 30 FT, SE 208-05; 18 TF, SE 208-06 AFT, SE 208-06 CFT

T. R. N. C. 

K.K.T.C. / T.C. 3, K.K.T.C. / T.C. 5


MC/TR 4, TR/MC 10


R/TR 3


AL/TR 4, AL/TR 10



Czech Republic

CZ/TR 111, CZ/TR 112


L/TR 3

How To Register With The SGK For Degree Students Whose Countries Have An Agreement With The Republic Of Turkey

Before You Come To Turkey, Contact Your Health Insurance Office And Have Them Prepare A Document Called The Medical Assistance Entitlement Certificate.

Registration With The SGK

After You Have Registered With The University For Classes-- But Before You Have Applied For The Residence Permit-- You Can Go To The General Health Services Office (SGK). They Will Register You In The System And Give You Two Copies Of A Document That States You Have Been Registered. One Of These Copies Is For The Immigration Office, The Other Is For You To Keep.

Documents To Take With You:

  • Original passport
  • Passport copy (main page)
  • Student Certificate
  • The Medical Assistance Entitlement Certificate from your home country's health insurance company stating the code number of the agreement between the two countries.

3. Private Health Insurance

Private Insurance Policies Can Be Purchased From Insurance Companies In Turkey Because Hitit  University Is A Public University, We Are Not Able To Recommend Specific Companies On Our Website. For More Information, Please Inquire At The International Office.

Policy Statement Requirement

The Following Statement Must Be Included In Your Certification In Turkish. It States That Your Insurance Policy Is In Compliance With The Requirements Of The Mandate For Obtaining A Residence Permit In Turkey.


Youtube Twitter Instagram Facebook
Uluslararası Ofis Öğrenci Danışma Hattı
Birim Yöneticilerimiz İle Görüşün
Uluslararası Ofis
Öğrenci Temsilcisi